Friday, April 27, 2007

Daft Punk Are Playing In My Head...In My Head.

Thank fug it's friday.

Some news to set us up for the weekend:

- "American Doll Posse" gets a good review in The Guardian today! Caroline Sullivan gives it 4/5 stars, "Some of her best work in years is here...cut to ten tracks it would have been one of her most significant records". I have no idea when I'll have the cash to buy it, but it looks set to be a good one.

- Julia Stiles ditches the Shakespeare adaptations to star in the film adaptation of Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar. Which could go either way, really. Especially when you read what they say about it,
The book has many dark overtones, but Rattray said the project will emphasize some of the more uplifting elements. "Esther Greenwood has a strong outlook on life, and we're really looking to bring out the humor in the character," she said. "We don't want to do a depressing descent into the world of suicide." It's been two years since I read The Bell Jar, but I don't recall it being a bundle of hilarity. Maybe that was just me..

-
Another book-to-film adaptation I heard about last week but neglected to mention, is the fabulous The Time Traveler's Wife, which is set to star Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams. The director will be the German, Robert Schwentke. Before he signed on, rumoured directors were the likes of Speilberg, Fincher and Gus Van Sant. I'm relieved it's a relative unknown instead, hopefully it'll stay true to the spirit and scope of the source novel.

- My hanky is already damp...Apparently the Magneto spin-off will not star Ian McKellen, but a younger actor. Why they'd do such a thing is beyond me...those damn fools! No-one will ever fill that ridiculous helmet as well.

- Not really "news" per se, but my family finally found a copy of the third (and final) season of Arrested Development last weekend. My parents have finished watching it, I still have half to go. I'm loath to finish, because after that I know I'll have no new epsiodes left to see. Still, I can console myself with the beloved Chicken Dance...




No comments: