Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Headmaster Ritual Redux

I've refrained from posting about Radiohead on here, despite the constant stream of news about them lately because I haven't yet figured out how I feel about In Rainbows. This, however, was too good to pass by.



The band recently had a party of sorts over at Radiohead.tv in which they messed about in front of the camera and played some songs, including this Smiths cover. This is the single best thing they've done in ages, I swear to God. I never thought I'd hear one of my top three favourite bands ever covering one of the others. Thom looks energetic, sprightly, even *gasp* happy. This bodes extremely well for their eventual world tour (and let me say this now, I mightn't be over the moon about In Rainbows but when they tour, I AM SO THERE).

If we care (which I do), here's a grainy video of the original Smiths version:


No comments: