Thursday, July 12, 2007

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Two bits of musical goodness for a wet Thursday morning.

Firstly, the wonderous 10th anniversary of OK Computer is celebrated over at Steregoum with a free, downloadable cover album featuring 12 lesser-known indie groups covering each track from Radiohead's seminal 1997 masterpiece. I haven't heard it all yet, but the few tracks I've listened to so far are great. Check it out (and await their next album with impatience, I think they've finished with it but just need a label to release it.) I can't really believe it's been four years since Hail To The Thief.


Secondly, I see that the PJ Harvey new album has been confirmed and the tracklisting is up over at Pitchfork. It's due in September, which is when Siouxsie's is due also. 2007 is shaping up to be a great year for female musicians - Bjork, Tori Amos, Feist, Joanna Newsom (she released an EP this year), Rihanna and a couple others. The new Peej album should be a good'un. I read someplace that'll it'll be a quieter, more introsepective album than her last. Whatever, she rocks. Here are two different sides to her:



Angry/rawkish Polly Jean



In love/poppy Polly Jean

Cannot wait! Music has been great this year. Apart from the singers I've mentioned above, we've had The Shins, Battles, Animal Collective etc.

No comments: